The Stacks

The Stacks
Just the ones in the windows

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Review--First One, So Don't Laugh

I thought I would spend a moment to tell you about a book that rocks.  Before I start, I should say I do have a slight bias toward the author.  After all, we've been friends for over twenty years, and she is probably one of the most amazing and strong people I know.

With that in mind, I want to throw my two cents into the reviewing world.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand is a great book.  Hands down, one of the best I've read in a long time.  It has romance.  It has laughs.  It has fun.  It has drama.  (Not too much.  I would run away if there were too much.)  It has Clara, who is a great example of the ups and downs teenagers go through.  It has Tucker.  I will leave that there with a very happy sigh.

The best part about Unearthly is that it is appropriate for younger teens.  I know that there are a lot of books out there marketed to young adults, but I can say from experience that I wouldn't put them out on the shelf for my sophomore and freshman students.  Without hesitation, I would share, and have shared, Unearthly with all of my students.

Okay, enough said.  Other than, READ IT!  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment